By Dr Harold Elletson, Kevin Rosner
Read or Download Baltic Independence and Russian Foreign Energy Policy PDF
Similar oil & energy books
Greater than ever prior to, strength is changing into probably the most the most important matters in within your means and business improvement. clever info platforms and data administration for strength: functions for determination aid, utilization, and Environmental safeguard presents in-depth research of the necessity for a holistic method for the development and engineering of towns and societies.
The exchange of worldwide bioenergy commodities, corresponding to ethanol, biodiesel and wooden pellets has been becoming exponentially some time past decade, and feature by means of 2013 reached precise “commodity” volumes, i. e. hundreds of thousands of tonnes traded every year, and billions (both in US$/€) of annual turnover. IEA Bioenergy job forty used to be based in 2004 and is now in its 4th triennium.
The politics of nuclear waste, this booklet examines the topic from a global perspective. different works by means of the writer Andrew Blowers contain "The Limits of energy" and "Something within the Air", and he has been co-editor on books reminiscent of "Nuclear energy in Crisis".
- Feed-in Tariffs: Accelerating the Deployment of Renewable Energy
- The Grand Energy Transition: The Rise of Energy Gases, Sustainable Life and Growth, and the Next Great Economic Expansion
- The Global Oil & Gas Industry: Management, Strategy and Finance
- Oil Empire: Visions of Prosperity in Austrian Galicia (Harvard Historical Studies)
- Nuclear Waste Management, Nuclear Power, and Energy Choices: Public Preferences, Perceptions, and Trust (Lecture Notes in Energy)
- Career Opportunities in the Energy Industry (Career Opportunities)
Extra resources for Baltic Independence and Russian Foreign Energy Policy
It is certainly true that both the EU and Russia have a significant interest in the development of a stable and reliable partnership in the energy sector. In the meantime, however, as they continue to press for a broader European agreement with Russia on energy security, there are a number of measures, including possibly the development of a new regional nuclear capacity at Ignalina, which could help GMB Publishing to reduce the Baltic countries’ dependence on external sources of supply. These should be pursued actively with the full support of the EU, as part of a plan to integrate the Baltic States fully into the European energy system and reduce the risk that the Baltic countries might be seen as somehow divorced from the rest of Europe.
5. 6. Baltic Energy Strategy of Baltic Council of Ministers’ Energy Committee, Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn, April 1999. An article on Baltic Energy in The Economist of 5 January 2006 even quotes one Polish official describing the planned pipeline as ‘a pact between the KGB and the Stasi’, possibly a reference to the curriculum vitae of the German boss of the pipeline, Matthias Warnig, a former East German intelligence officer, who worked with President Putin in St Petersburg in the 1990s. G von Pistohlkors, Die historischen Voraussetzungen fuer die Enstehung der drei baltischen Staaten.
Export Information Administration, op cit. 34. In 2003, Butinge exported some 230,000 bbl/d of crude oil and counted on adding a further 30,000 bbl/d to export figures the following year. In addition, Butinge planned a major increase in storage capacity, thus ensuring a stable supply of crude oil during bad weather. However, the hurricanes that hit the Baltic coast early in 2005 meant that Butinge was unable to handle any oil shipments in January that year. Energy Information Administration, op.